KS2010

Administrative monitoring for balance of restitution

1 post in this topic

I was convicted (pleaded guilty) in South Carolina of 3424-BREACH OF TRUST W/FRAUD INTENT (embezzlement amount >$10,000)

I was sentenced to 5 years probation and ordered to pay restitution. I wasn't aware that the monthly payment I was given would only amount to 80% of the total owed the victim so I had a balance left once I completed my probation. (It was shortened by 4 months due to compliance credits I was given.) 

I am now on Administrative monitoring until the balance is paid in full. 

I don't do drugs, have never done drugs, no intention of ever doing them and my conviction had nothing to do with them but I am thinking of renting a room from someone who smokes marijuana. It would be done in his room exclusively, not the room that I will be renting, but I wonder if this would affect me in any way legally if something were to happen that causes the police to come to the house and find it there. No probation agents will come to the house from my end as I have completed my 5 years and am not technically on probation anymore but I don't want to get into a situation where this persons drugs would cause me to go to jail or something. I know I was very fortunate to avoid jail for my crime and did everything I had to do the past 5 years to comply with the conditions of my probation. Is this something that could affect me and the administrative monitoring?

Thank you for any assistance.