lilah

Arrest disposition

I am trying to find out how to resolve this issue.My Dad was arrested about 30 years ago for NSF bad check.He was released immediately on self recognition. NO charges were filed. 30 years later, he went of the country and was denied entry based on the arrest record tgat shows up on his FBI Background check. The consulate his asking him to show them his arrest disposition. I have contacted the sheriff and the court and they do not have any record of this arrest.I have a copy of the fbi background check

34 minutes ago, lilah said:

he went of the country and was denied entry based on the arrest record

Do you mean he was denied entry into some other country?  Or that he was denied entry into the U.S. when he tried to return?

35 minutes ago, lilah said:

The consulate his asking him to show them his arrest disposition.

What consulate?

Where is he presently?

3 minutes ago, lilah said:

He was denied entry to the US Embassy Lagos Nigeria. He is currently in Nigeria.

Denied entry to the embassy?  Why did he want to go to the embassy?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm trying to fully understand what happened.  If someone who lives in the U.S. is in a foreign country, that person typically would not visit the U.S. Embassy, so I'm trying to understand what you mean when you say that he "was denied entry to the US at the embassy."  Did you mean to say that he was in Nigeria and seeking to fly back to the U.S. and that he was not allowed to board his flight based on instructions from the U.S. Embassy?

If so, it's hard to imagine that a 30 year old arrest that never resulted in charges being filed for a crime that, in the absence of other criminal history, probably would have been charged as a misdemeanor is the only reason.  Is your father a U.S. citizen?  If not, what is his immigration status?  If the Embassy isn't accepting the representation that no charges were filed (which means there would be no "disposition" for you or your father to provide), then you're probably going to need to enlist the services of an immigration attorney.