Filthyspfld937

no citation

I was pulled over by a sheriff and was told that that I was receiving a ticket for driving under suspicion.the car was towed and I was released but was never given the ticket.im not from that county so I now do not know where to go for court or the actual content of the ticket.can this be dismissed?

Tickets are just notices.  I'm assuming since your car was towed that you were driving on a suspended license.  That is a criminal offense, a 1st degree misdemeanor carrying up to 6 months in jail.  It's the local prosecutor's office that has to file the charges.  I'd suggest you contact an attorney local to that county for assistance. 

13 hours ago, Filthyspfld937 said:

I was pulled over by a sheriff and was told that that I was receiving a ticket for driving under suspicion.

This doesn't make any sense.  Driving under suspicion of what?

13 hours ago, Filthyspfld937 said:

can this be dismissed?

Can what be dismissed.  You wrote that you weren't given a ticket, so it's unclear what you're looking to have dismissed.

13 hours ago, Filthyspfld937 said:

I now do not know where to go for court or the actual content of the ticket.

The obvious starting place would be the police department out of which the officer who pulled you over works.

although I did not receive the paper copy of the ticket that I signed I am assuming that because the officer said that I was being cited for driving without a license for failure to renew that I got a citation.he did not give me a copy even though he said to "sit tight,I'll be right back with your copy of the ticket so that you have the time,date,and location to come to court".instead of doing so he got in his car and left

in other words can I have the citation thrown out due to the fact that I never received the actual ticket its self?does the officer failure to give me the ticket "summons" constitute a violation of due process?

2 hours ago, Filthyspfld937 said:

can I have the citation thrown out due to the fact that I never received the actual ticket its self?does the officer failure to give me the ticket "summons" constitute a violation of due process?

No and no.  As I wrote previously, the obvious way to handle this would be to contact the officer who wrote the ticket (or someone else at the same police station) and ask for the needed info.