fionasample

dates

why would a persons charge date be different than the file/arrest date? she was arrested 1/21/2017 for conspiracy to COMMIT F2: DEALING IN METHAMPHETAMINE MANUFACTURE/DELIVER/FINANCE-10 OR MORE GRAMS but then on the court records it shows her charge date as 12/1/2016

1 minute ago, fionasample said:

why would a persons charge date be different than the file/arrest date?

Suspected criminals are rarely charged the same day they are arrested.

If you're asking for an explanation of some entry on some unknown document(s) regarding an unknown defendant, you'll have to ask the DA or the defendant's attorney or hire an attorney yourself to review the document(s).

perhaps the charge date is the date the investigation began or resulted in a warrant and 1/21 was the date the warrant was executed. What does your attorney say?

I'm basically trying to figure out if this girl set up some friends of mine that were arrested on the same day as her for the same charges. They all have a million dollar cash bond, and she was the only one who was able to get a bond reduction and she's the only one with 12/1 as a date. The other defendant's charge dates are all in January. Things just seem fishy to me, but I wanted to hear some other opinions. I'm trying to not jump to any conclusions.

The charge date is the date the criminal complaint was filed with the court.  When she was arrested is irrelevant when that occurred after the date the charges were filed.   The date of the offense would be in the body of the complaint.

fionasample likes this

16 hours ago, fionasample said:

I'm basically trying to figure out if this girl set up some friends of mine that were arrested on the same day as her for the same charges.

Needless to say, no one here has any factual insight about this situation.

16 hours ago, fionasample said:

I wanted to hear some other opinions.

You've provided us with no facts that would allow for the formation of any opinions.