tucson17

help

I need a piece of advice, I am currently working for a political relative but I constantly have problems to get paid, has been a month that I do not receive my salary. Two years ago we had a similar problem because the closed the old bank account and I was left without cashing my checks, (i still do not get paid) I do not know what to do, I need my money but I would not like to affect him, what can i do?

abor Department - Wage Claims When wages owed to an employee are no more than $5,000.00 and the accrual of those unpaid wages does not exceed one year, the employee may file a wage claim with the Department (A.R.S. § 23-350 et seq.). Upon receipt of a claim, the Department will notify the employer of the claim and investigate the case. After investigation of the claim, the Department will provide a written Determination which can only be appealed to Superior Court. An employer who does not comply with a Determination within ten days after the Determination becomes final is liable for triple the amount of the unpaid wages found to be owed. Employees also have the option of filing in the civil courts; however, they cannot file with both the State Labor Department and the civil courts. abor Department - Wage Claims When wages owed to an employee are no more than $5,000.00 and the accrual of those unpaid wages does not exceed one year, the employee may file a wage claim with the Department (A.R.S. § 23-350 et seq.). Upon receipt of a claim, the Department will notify the employer of the claim and investigate the case. After investigation of the claim, the Department will provide a written Determination which can only be appealed to Superior Court. An employer who does not comply with a Determination within ten days after the Determination becomes final is liable for triple the amount of the unpaid wages found to be owed. Employees also have the option of filing in the civil courts; however, they cannot file with both the State Labor Department and the civil courts. Or you can do nothing and not get paid.

tucson17 likes this