dka

expert testimony for DKA

I have suffered from diabetic ketoacidosis while in prison.

What questions do I need to have answered to appease the court about diabetic ketoaridosis?

I'm reasonably certain I need to have testimony about how long it takes to get diabetic ketoacidosis.

I'm fairly certain I need to have testimony explaining the diabetic ketoacidosis is life threatening, and causes suffering.

Chances are I should also ask the expert what causes diabetic ketoacidosis.

Is there anything else I need?

Since this is te twenty-fifth post regarding this issue, you should have a wealth of information already.  Please don't open new threads on the same subject.

6 hours ago, dka said:

Answered by whom?  What does "appease the court" mean, and why would you think you need to do such a thing?

While I recognize you apparently have a posting history about this subject, you can't reasonably expect folks to remember what's been posted before, so your question is lacking in any context at all.

I apologize. I do not know how to delete this topic or I would have done so.

Basically, I wanted to know what questions need to be answered by an expert. I could ask random questions, but that won't help any.

I don't know what questions need to be asked.

I have been told I am asking too many questions though, so I'll just stop. I did do searches with Google and on this board about which questions I need to ask, but I did not find any answers. I will only be able to ask 1 set of questions however.

"appease the court" means, I know I need to provide expert testimony, but I don't know what to ask an expert. I could go for basic questions like, is diabetic ketoacidosis dangerous? I just wanted to know what questions absolutely have to be asked of an expert.

I know my own knowledge is not useful since I'm not an expert.

Nothing I have previously posted had anything to do with expert testimony. I have never asked this before.

The context is I had diabetic ketoacidosis while in prison. I have an expert who can testify. What do I need to ask him?

1 hour ago, dka said:

what questions need to be answered by an expert.

Need to be answered by an expert for what purpose?  An initial interview?  An expert report?  A deposition?  Trial?  Something else?  Whose expert is this?  Yours?

1 hour ago, dka said:

The context is I had diabetic ketoacidosis while in prison.

So...??  According to Wikipedia, "[d]iabetic ketoacidosis (DKA) is a potentially life-threatening complication of diabetes mellitus."  It appears that it occurs most commonly in persons already diagnosed with diabetes.  It's not immediately clear to me from reading the Wikipedia entry what causes it, and you certainly haven't given us any info about how yours was caused (and, of course, I'm assuming the Wikipedia article is roughly accurate about these basic details).  With that in mind, are you claiming that someone at the prison caused your DKA?  What is the basis of that contention (briefly, please)?  Have you sued this person or these persons?  Do you have an attorney?  Although the article states that DKA is potentially life-threatening, you obviously didn't die, so what are your damages?  Did you incur medical bills or lose wages?  Since you were in prison, it seems likely that you did not.  Any sort of permanent impairment to your ability to work?  Are you still in prison?  This is the sort of context that I previously stated was completely lacking from your post and, while your prior posts may have nothing to do with experts, I'm guessing they did go over at least some of this context.

1 hour ago, dka said:

What do I need to ask him?

No one on a message board is going to walk you through a bunch of questions for an expert (regardless of the context).  That's way beyond what you can get from an internet message board.