JdmShadowHawk

Speeding Ticket

Hi so I'm looking for advise on my scenario of my speeding ticket. I was driving northbound on I-5 when I came to realize that a CHP officer had his lights behind my car to pull over, just before Columnes College Blvd. He claimed that I was going 80mph on a 65mph speed limit zone. He placed 75mph on the ticket. However, I argued that I was doing approximately 70 or 75mph when I was asked how fast I was going. This was the first encounter. However coming back from work in Sacramento area, I then started heading southbound on I-5 on February 1, 2017 at approximately 12:35am, when I realized a car was tailgating me in a 2 lane freeway, with the other lane occupied with a semi-truck so from 65mph I started to speed up gradually to eventually pass the semi-truck without exceeding the speed limit of 70mph. Once I had a slight gap between the semi-truck which was still not safe to merge onto the right lane the CHP officer, which happened to be the same one from earlier, put his lights on again, he then used his vehicle's microphone to tell me to exit the freeway, which I did. Once I came to full stop where it was safe to do so, the CHP officer approached my car from the passenger side and told me why did I decide to go 62mph. I then responded to him that I wasn't going 62mph, I saw clearly that my speedometer stated I was within 65-70mph, which was the speed limit. He then asked where I lived and told him, from there he wrote in his notepad and let me go about. However after reviewing the ticket I realized the body style of my vehicle was incorrect along with how my first name was spelled out. To top that out, he didn't put my age, instead he hyphenated it and he didn't put the time to appear to court on the given date.

So here is my question, what are the possible ways I can get the ticket lower on its fine or get it dismissed?

If you can provide us with the names and biographies of the prosecutor and judge and a history of their reaction to other such cases we can suggest the best approach.  Seriously, we know next to nothing about your case or you or the important actors in the case.  

You might opt for driving school if it is available.  You could hire a local lawyer, but that would probably be much more expensive than the ticket.  Complaints about details of the ticket usually go nowhere except to requiring the prosecutor asking to be allowed to correct the ticket.

7 hours ago, JdmShadowHawk said:

He placed 75mph on the ticket. However, I argued that I was doing approximately 70 or 75mph when I was asked how fast I was going.

So you admitted to driving the speed written on the ticket.

7 hours ago, JdmShadowHawk said:

He then asked where I lived and told him, from there he wrote in his notepad and let me go about.

If I'm reading this correctly, you did not receive a second ticket, so I'm wondering why you included this discussion of the second encounter in your post.

7 hours ago, JdmShadowHawk said:

what are the possible ways I can get the ticket lower on its fine or get it dismissed?

Nothing in your post suggests any basis for either of these things.  I agree that traffic school would be a good option so that this does not result in an increase in your insurance premium.