kountryboy091683

Chemical Compunds...

I've got a theory when it comes to the United States of America and this drugs they call "controlled substances." They are called controlled because they, (the U.S. Government), are the ones that control the amounts that flow into the country. They give these drug lords money indirectly, say to a politically involved or government official family member of theirs, to keep laws it that country directed away from them so as the processing of and importation of the drugs are operated smoothly. Once in this country the distribute the and instantly make double the money back. After they distribute them the unleash the "War on Drugs" soldiers, a.k.a - D.E.A., Narcotics Task Force, Police, Military Personnel, and anyone else they can deploy to arrest and detain us for the possession of these drugs where once we are caught up in the criminal justice system they take and make our money from fighting the cases or them ultimately keeping us behind bars upon conviction for these cases. So my question is, since they are in control of it all shouldn't they at least give us something stating what they must find in the drugs to reinforce the fact that what they have found is what they say it is?  Every court should have a breakdown of what is to be found within these drugs they say are illegal so as we are to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the arresting offense is justified. The thing is though that every time I start looking for this I am referred to the next book or another chapter and can't ever just have something plainly explain to me what or how much of what has to be present. Can anyone tell me what chemicals and/or chemical compounds must be present in a labs finding of meth, cocaine, LSD, or anything else they consider a controlled substance in the state of Texas, as well as the total amounts of those chemicals that must be present for them to be assumed that's what it was? Also how often does a substance go to a state funded lab and not come back as what they believe it to be? Can I send it out to a lab of my choice to be tested? I was recently set up by an individual who planted some drugs in my vehicle and I am trying to find every out or try anything before this trial happens because I am not guilty of these charges. Whether or not I use to be involved in distribution or usage of controlled substances shouldn't justify the law enforcement agencies setting me up to be charged for it after I had stopped months before. Sorry you were unable to fulfill your duties while I was but when someone is trying to straighten their life up and is down because they have already lost everything they know and love, you shouldn't kick them because you may awaken a beast within!

Your theory as to why drugs are called controlled substances is not supported by any good evidence. There is nothing I've seen that indicates the federal government is actively involved in importing illegal drugs and distributing them to recreational drug users. Controlled substances are so named because their possession, sale, distribution, and use are strictly controlled by federal law. Controlled substances are not all illegal drugs. Indeed a number of controlled substances are quite legal when properly prescribed by a physician to treat a medical condition or provide pain relief. A good example of that are opiate based pain killers like percocet and oxycontin.

The federal government regulates controlled substances through the Controlled Substances Act. This is a complex set of laws. Texas has its own version of it, the Texas Controlled Substances Act, Chapter 481 of the Texas Health and Safety Code (HSC), along with other statutes regulating drugs in that state. See Subtitle C of Title 6 of the Health & Safety Code for that. It is also a complex set of laws.

But let me give you one example of how this works. The drug popularly known as meth is chemically known as methamphetamine. It, along with its including its salts, optical isomers, and salts of optical isomers, is listed as one of the drugs (along with cocaine and a number of other illegal drugs) in penalty group 1 in HSC § 481.102. Possession of a drug in penalty group 1 is illegal under HSC § 481.115 unless obtained by a valid medical prescription. The seriousness of the offense depends on how much of the drug was possessed:

“(b) An offense under Subsection (a) is a state jail felony if the amount of the controlled substance possessed is, by aggregate weight, including adulterants or dilutants, less than one gram.

(c) An offense under Subsection (a) is a felony of the third degree if the amount of the controlled substance possessed is, by aggregate weight, including adulterants or dilutants, one gram or more but less than four grams.

(d) An offense under Subsection (a) is a felony of the second degree if the amount of the controlled substance possessed is, by aggregate weight, including adulterants or dilutants, four grams or more but less than 200 grams.

(e) An offense under Subsection (a) is a felony of the first degree if the amount of the controlled substance possessed is, by aggregate weight, including adulterants or dilutants, 200 grams or more but less than 400 grams.

(f) An offense under Subsection (a) is punishable by imprisonment in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice for life or for a term of not more than 99 years or less than 10 years, and a fine not to exceed $100,000, if the amount of the controlled substance possessed is, by aggregate weight, including adulterants or dilutants, 400 grams or more.”

Note that the weight includes any adulterants or dilutants, which means that if you mix a small amount of the drug into something else the state doesn't have to separate out the drug from the rest of it, the weight of all of it will count against you. Think of the example of mixing weed into a cookie. The weight of the entire cookie with the marijuana in it is what would be used to determine how much you possessed and thus how serious the offense is. Keep that in mind should you try to hide the drug by mixing it into something else; by doing that you could end up making a small amount of drug into a very serious offense.

mrjimmy likes this

On 11/5/2016 at 6:52 PM, kountryboy091683 said:

So my question is, since they are in control of it all shouldn't they at least give us something stating what they must find in the drugs to reinforce the fact that what they have found is what they say it is?

Let's start with the fact that your inability to write above a sixth grade level or so doesn't exactly help the credibility of your theory.  As far as this question, it makes little sense since it is predicated on your absurd theory being true.  Also, what does "give us something stating what they must find in the drugs" mean?  Who are "us," and who are "they"?

Every court should have a breakdown of what is to be found within these drugs they say are illegal so as we are to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the arresting offense is justified.

If you're saying that a conviction relating to the sale or possession of some drug should require evidence that the drug is what it is alleged to be, that's beyond dispute.  Of course, the standard of proof is "beyond a reasonable doubt," not "beyond a shadow of a doubt."

Can anyone tell me what chemicals and/or chemical compounds must be present in a labs finding of meth, cocaine, LSD

Sure.  The chemical name for LSD is lysergic acid diethylamide.  The basic chemical formula is C20-H25-N3-O.  You can get more details regarding the chemistry at the Wikipedia page or any number of other online sources.  You can get the same information about the other two drugs you mentioned in the same manner.

as well as the total amounts of those chemicals that must be present for them to be assumed that's what it was?

Not sure what this means.  Criminal drug cases don't proceed based on assumptions.

Can I send it out to a lab of my choice to be tested?

If you're charged with a crime, your defense attorney can request that a sample be made available for independent testing at your expense.

mrjimmy likes this

Excuse me  pg1067! My apologizes for this case exhausting me to the point of fading in and out of sleep as I am typing my questions in this forum. I'm sure a genius of your stature has had a time or two in your own life where you have had something stress you out bad enough to push yourself to that same state. I hope you'll forgive me of because after your assassination of my character.

Now, as far as there not being any evidence to support my theory as Tax_Counsel stated... You're gonna sit there and tell me that confessions of the American government's involvement in the importation of narcotics from other country's by the ex heads of the CIA and DEA were all just staged confessions. That they lied?! Find that awful hard to believe. Kind of similar to how you seem to find it hard to believe I'm telling the God's honest truth concerning my case. There can always be doubt cast upon anything.

On the lighter side of things, when you do finally quit attacking an individual's intelligence and/or statement of facts, you are both very wise in your knowledge of the law and I have "back doored" your professional answers with a more in depth research based off of what you have told me. For that I am very thankful! So as I have said and this site was apparently made for, let's stick to what has been said. If you have a question, then ask it in a respectful manner and you will gain a respectful answer, ultimately achieving the goal at hand sooner and without headache or heartache. Thank you and have a wonderful rest of the day!

Edited by FindLaw_RE
This post has been edited for language --Moderator
mrjimmy likes this

5 hours ago, kountryboy091683 said:

My apologizes for this case exhausting me to the point of fading in and out of sleep as I am typing my questions in this forum. I'm sure a genius of your stature has had a time or two in your own life where you have had something stress you out bad enough to push yourself to that same state.

I can't say I recall any such instance.  That said, I certainly have had times when I have put things in writing that were not up to snuff, and I can assure you that folks called me on it.  If you want to communicate in writing, you need to be able to write in a manner that makes it easy for others to read and understand what you write.

5 hours ago, kountryboy091683 said:

your assassination of my character

Oh stop.  All I wrote was that "your inability to write above a sixth grade level or so doesn't exactly help the credibility of your theory."  That's hardly character assassination.

5 hours ago, kountryboy091683 said:

you seem to find it hard to believe I'm telling the God's honest truth concerning my case.

I never suggested I thought that.  Indeed, I didn't make any comment at all about your case.  Apparently your reading comprehension isn't any better than your writing ability.

mrjimmy likes this

This topic is now closed to further replies.