BigD50

Signing off on estate

The Independent Executor of my mother's estate has asked the heirs to sign self prepared documents for The Full and Final Distribution of her estate. I have a copy of a deed from the county land records for land  and a farmhouse from my great grandparents estate that was conveyed to one of their children and she had to deed it back to the estate in order to receive Medicaid benefits. My maternal grandmother and some of the other owners have since passed. The deed has never been updated. The Independent Executor (my great uncle) who is my maternal grandmother's brother that cares for the property, said that I, my brother, my sister and a lot of grandchildren and great grandchildren will be involved in a separate distribution of future proceeds from my great grandparents estate and that it will not have anything to do with my mother's estate. Is this true, or by signing off on my mother's estate am I signing away all interest I have in this property? 

Your mom's inheritance if any (and we don't know) in a parent's or g-parent's estate would be part of her estate.  But we can't know if your mom inherited anything.  For example, is title held in the property as joint tenants with right of survivorship?  Presume not, but maybe g-uncle doesn't know.  It ain't part of great-grands' estate if they transferred ownership to their kids.  

You can't expect strangers to know from here what you're signing away in a doc.

Seek counsel.

14 minutes ago, BigD50 said:

There is a deed to land and a farmhouse from my great grandparents estate deeded to all of their children. My grandmother and some of the other owners have since passed. The deed has never been updated.

So...the title to this property is in the names of your grandmother and her siblings.  Right?  Even if I assume you're talking about your maternal grandmother, I'm not sure what this has to do with your mother's estate.

17 minutes ago, BigD50 said:

The Independent Executor (my great uncle) who is my grandmother's brother that cares for the property, said that this property will be a separate distribution from my great grandparents estate and that it will not have anything to do with my mother's estate. Is this true

Well...how the heck should we know?  That said, as my comment above indicates, since the property was apparently deeded from your great-parents to their children and is apparently still owned by them, it's not at all clear from your post why property owned by your grandmother and her siblings has any relevance to the administration of your mother's estate.  All I can tell you is that the reference to "a separate distribution from [your] great grandparents estate" (which of their estates?) doesn't make much sense in light of your statement that "[t]here is a deed . . . from your great grandparents estate . . . to all of their children."

21 minutes ago, BigD50 said:

by signing off on my mother's estate am I signing away all interest I have in this property?

You seem to be asking about the legal effect of a document that we have no ability to read and which you haven't quoted or even paraphrased as it relates to a piece of property that, as far as I can tell, was never owned by your mother.  Needless to say, no one on an internet message board can give any sort of informed opinion about that.  If you're concerned, I suggest you consult with a local estate attorney.