justwantitdone

House Settlement

I have been divorced for 6 years and my ex got the house but I got half the equity. There was no date given in which this was to be completed and now it looks like he has, somehow, removed my name from the property and the mortgage, but i have not signed any paperwork. What is my course of action to get this completed?

Er, was there a date sought? :) ... pondered even?  

Not sure what you expect folks to say other than to engage counsel (clearly not person used in divorce, if any) to send a demand letter and request (just for giggles) how ex plans to explain fraudulent removal of your name when you seek to void removal transaction and also ask court to order partition-sale of property.

It is not a bad thing if ex refi'd and took your name off mortgage, and good thing ex apparently didn't delfault on payments over the years and ruin your credit.

Hi @justwantitdone

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! As Fallen mentioned, you may want to retain counsel to get the remaining issues with the family home sorted. For a free case evaluation and consultation with a family law attorney, click here.

Best if luck and let us know if you have further questions for the community!

The FindLaw.com Team

1 hour ago, justwantitdone said:

There was no date given in which this was to be completed

You didn't say who drafted the divorce decree (your attorney, your ex's attorney, or the court), but I view it as borderline malpractice for something like this to happen where one spouse retains the marital home but is required to buy out the other's interest.  Of course, if you didn't have an attorney, then there can have been no malpractice.

1 hour ago, justwantitdone said:

now it looks like he has, somehow, removed my name from the property and the mortgage, but i have not signed any paperwork.

That's obviously something that ought to be investigated.

1 hour ago, justwantitdone said:

What is my course of action to get this completed?

You'll need to file an appropriate motion to the court that entered your divorce decree to enforce the decree.