desperateInN.C.

Civil Law Suit?

I was being detained in jail under 0 bond for a driving offense in the "holding cell".The sargent on duty along with three other officers approched my cell,he threatened me and then he and another officer had my hands behind my back and one holding my arm...at the doorway the Sargent slammed my face into the metal doorway with such a force that both our feet came off the floor and bounced out into the common area where all the officers jumped on me and handcuffed me.He busted my nose,head,choked me,busted out a front tooth and I bled a large amount.He then charged me with"assualting an officer",I was cleaned up by the nurse and then locked up for the charge in general population.I had a concusion but was given a matt and told to lay on cell floor(bed was taken by other inmate).Hired an attorney who produced the jailhouse cd of the whole incident...this Sargent claimed I kneed him in the groin and assaulted him and his staff.....the video clearly showed I did nothing wrong and was found "NOT GUILTY" of the assault.This Sargent lied multiple times under oath in the courtroom but nothing was done to him.I have tried over fifty attorneys to represent me....to no avail.They all say it would cost too much in Federal court but all claim I have an open and shut case!I am desperate...I don't know what to do...what to charge...who to charge....how to do it on my own...They assaulted and battered me and violated multiple civil rights....and it is all on tape.What I fear is watching the news...and this sadist has killed someone.Please help...desperate in N.C.

Your photo inspires me to wish that this site would dispense with any option to upload a photo (no offense); it doesn't add anything and, in some cases, detracts.

You cannot force an attorney to take a case, whether on contingency fee basis or otherwise (one presumes you're expecting someone to take it on the former basis).  If someone declares it's not cost-effective for them, it is what it is.  That said, since a pretty large percentage of attorneys take cases without any intention of taking them to trial ... and often without filing suit ... it may be that you're simply looking in the wrong place for counsel.  (I admire your tenacity if you have literally discussed this with "50 attorneys".)

"This Sargent lied multiple times under oath in the courtroom but nothing was done to him."

I'd naturally be focused more on the criminal acts of assault v. lying in court.  Either way, you're free to pester your legislative representative to see whether they can get an answer from the county state's attorney about why this is, but you cannot force the prosecutor's office to pursue perjury charges.  (You also can't know what the police department did internally.)

"What I fear is watching the news...and this sadist has killed someone."

If that occurs, one presumes you'll be in a long line of folks to testify against him.

It's unclear what help you seek from here, but we can only offer general info and feedback.

"Your photo inspires me to wish that this site would dispense with any option to upload a photo (no offense); it doesn't add anything and, in some cases, detracts."

My photo..which I had no idea was applied to this account will be deleted...do not know how it was applied to this account.

"It's unclear what help you seek from here "        DIRECTION to right what was wrong.