reddawg61

malpractice or not?

on november 7 2013 i had a spinal cord stimulator implanted and the doctor placed the generator against my pelvic bone pinching my sciatic nerve causing extreme pain in my hipbuttock down my leg into my foot can barely walk had two other doctors look at it since both agree it has to be removed or and repositioned doctor who implanted it said he would not touch it and it was not coming out now i have to find another doctor who specialises with this manufacter of this unit to have this issue corrected should the doctor who did the surgery be reliable for the cost of having it corrected and should he also be reliable for pain and suffering?thanks for your time in this matter sincerely injured one

Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor is negligent and you really haven't provided enough information to know for sure that there was negligence in this case.  Negligence requires 1) a duty 2) a breach of that duty 3) cause in fact 4) proximate cause of 5) injury.  This sounds like it's going to be sort of a basic negligence question hinging on whether there was a breach of the doctors duty toward you.  It certainly wouldn't hurt to talk to a local attorney, s/he'll be better able to make a determination about possibility of success and value of the claim.