DDyson

Michigan Abandonment Law

Your question makes no sense.  Crimes may be felonies; penalties are not.  Child abandonment might result in loss of parental rights, but I don't know whether or not it's a crime.

Why do you ask?

Several states do include child abandonment in their child abuse statutes, but Michigan does not appear to.  So that would mean, as pg1067 mentioned, that it could result in a loss of parental rights, but probably not in criminal prosecution.  However, you might want to talk to a local attorney to be determine that the specific behavior would not fall under the child abuse statute.

I've little doubt something like abandonment would fall under the heading of abuse or neglect or endangerment (since I presume you're referring to a situation of someone leaving a kid in an unsafe situation, e.g., by the side of the road).  It'd be better to ask local law enforcement to offer an opinion about what charges might be sought under given circumstances (unmentioned in your post).