dangelasantana

how many days can i leave before 18th birthday?

im 17 year old, ill  be 18 in january i want to know how many days can i leave my stepdads before my 18th birthday?

The words "can" and "may" mean very different things, and I suspect you meant to say "may" rather than "can."  However, if you actually asked what you intended to ask, and if we assume that your birthday is January 10 (just to pick a random day of the month), the answer is 276 (obviously, you would want to adjust that number based on how many days before or after January 10 your actual birthday is).

On the other hand, if you meant to ask whether you may legally leave your stepfather's home before your 18th birthday, that depends on a number of things that you haven't shared with us, including why you are living with your stepfather, whether your mother is also living there, the state in which you live, and whether your mother (or other legal guardian) agrees with you leaving.  As the prior response hints at, until you reach the age of majority (which is 18 in every state except MS, NE, DC, or AL), you are legally under the control of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) and must live where they say.  You can leave legally with their permission.  You can runaway and might or might not be forced to go back home.  If it's only a week or two before your 18th birthday, it's conceiveable that local law enforcement might not be inclined to expend the necessary resources to force you home.

Given at least one of the responders is usually a stickler for use of "can", I'll be in the minority and say (accurately based on wording) you CAN move out (if that's what you meant by "leave") whenever you please -- won't presume you're immobile/paralyzed from the neck down.  Now whether you'll be forced to return by law enforcement (and you may choose to leave again), we cannot know.  Chance of you being treated as a juvenile delinquent simply because you refuse to live in X household is unlikely. 

You'd want to ask your local police on their policy and whether it would be treated as a runaway situation.  Likely not, given how old you are (once you're technically in your 18th trip 'round the sun, the police will typically tell a parent there's nothing to be done). 

One presumes your stepdad isn't your legal guardian, by the way, but we can't know on your vague post.

(And, no offense, I suggest before you go out into the world, you at least focus some time and attention on your grammar/writing skills.  They need work.  Jsut in case "leav[ing] includes no plans to get/achieve your high school diploma, that's a terrible idea.)

Sorry about my grammer, the reason im not with my mother because i got tooken away from her because she has a bad drinking promblem.  Also my stepdad has temporaly custody of me. I dont like the way my stepdad and his girl friend treats me I barely get to see my mom. So What if i talk to my stepdad and ask him may I move out 2 weeks before my birthday is it llegal....