MillardWestGoalie

Emancipation

I am 16 and i really want to get out of my parents home. it is not just for fun but recent and on-going thoughts of suicide come and i've been talking to my best friends mom and she has said she would take me and raise me for the next few years. i was wondering how i could make that happen.

First, whether emancipation is even possible depends upon state law and you didn't identify a state. Second, emancipation is not just so you can go live somewhere else. Emancipation means that you are declared by the court to legally be an adult for most purposes. To obtain that, you must be 100% self-supporting, working and living on your own with help from no one AND, your parents must agree to it.

I agree with the prior response and would only add that it's not clear what the connection is between your "thoughts of suicide" and living with your parents and why you think moving in with your best friend would help the situation. Please speak with some trusted adults (e.g., a school counselor, a priest/minister, etc.) or contact any of the innumerable teen suicide resources that can be found with a simple google search.