Frank_Jordan

Guardianship hearing. What happens in the courtroom?

1 post in this topic

I live in Texas. My Grandfather passed away in December. Since that time my Grandmother has been living with us. She suffers from dementia, diabetes and heart problems. Due to the dementia she is unable to care for herself. She cannot complete day to day tasks such as bill paying, personal hygiene etc.

There has not been a guardian appointed. Last week we were served with papers from a relative who wishes to be Grandma's guardian.

I have hired an attorney because I have grave concerns about this relatives ability to perform the task of guardian. My question is, what happens in the courtroom? How does the proceeding go? What should I expect? It's in county court, should I wear a suit or are slacks and a nice dress shirt acceptable? Anything helps. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

*******

Edited by FindLaw_AHK
This post has been edited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator