csh1990

Custody, visitation, how can a lawyer help? (Georgia)

At the moment, I pay temporary child support. I have an official court evaluation in May. I have no legal rights for custody or visitation. The mother is willing to "agree" to custody and parenting plan but we are not agreeing. All I want is standard joint custody and standard visitation (like every other weekend and every other holiday) and she wants to add restrictions. There is absolutely nothing to use against me for any reason why I should have less than standard joint and visitation.

I want to take her to court so a judge can make a parenting plan and such instead of disagreeing with her and I would like to have it established before the child support is finalized. Will a lawyer be needed? What will the court fees look like? How much will a lawyer be and is there anyway to find one pro bono or cheap (I'm currently inbetween jobs)? Any other legal advice is welcome.

At the moment, I pay temporary child support. I have an official court evaluation in May. I have no legal rights for custody or visitation. . . .

I want to take her to court. . . .

It seems that one of you has already taken the other to court. Right? Are you saying that the only issue presently before the court is child support?

I would like to have [a parenting plan] established before the child support is finalized.

That certainly makes sense, and it's possible that the current proceedings will result in both being done.

Will a lawyer be needed? What will the court fees look like? How much will a lawyer be and is there anyway to find one pro bono or cheap (I'm currently inbetween jobs)?

As with anything else, you can hire a professional who knows what he or she is doing, or you can try to save money by doing it yourself. Just as if you were installing a sprinkler system in your backyard, re-piping your house, or rebuilding your car's engine, if you want to do it yourself, you should spend some time educating yourself how to do it. If you don't do it correctly, you could end up costing yourself substantially more than if you had hired a professional in the first place. But legal advocacy is not like installing a lighting fixture. When you do that, as long as you have done the wiring correctly, when you flip the switch, the lights will come on. However, legal advocacy involves several human elements. On the other hand, the concept of shopping around applies to lawyers as much as it does to other things. Good luck.

If you would like low cost legal help from the top law firm in your state without having to pay high hourly costs, please contact me as soon as possible at ****** and let me know your information and the best time to reach you as the company I work with can definitely help you with your situation and save you lots of money.

Edited by FindLaw_AHK
This message has been edited to remove personal or identifying information to comply with the Community Guidelines and Terms of Service on advertising and solicitation. Links to web pages or blogs may be included in the signature line. -Moderator