truthfinder_0944

unemployment question

I am an employee at an industry that lays its employees for two weeks at the end of the year. We were told to file unemployment for compensation over these two weeks. We were paid our unemployment, but the company revoked and we were notified that it will have to be paid back. We initiated an appeal, and I have to go before a judge next week. How do I prove my case? we have done this every year for the last four years, and we were told to do so by the company, and now they have changed their mind. Can they make us pay back benefits that we pay in for?

You have been collecting unemployment for two weeks at the end of the year the last four years? Did your employer tell you to collect unemployment the past four years?

Using the passive tense makes for ambiguous posts.

We were told to file unemployment for compensation over these two weeks.

Told by whom?

We were paid our unemployment, but the company revoked and we were notified that it will have to be paid back.

Paid by whom? The company revoked what? Notified by whom? In what state did this occur? I'm not aware of any state in which the employer controls whether or not a laid off employee receives or does not receive unemployment compensation.

We initiated an appeal, and I have to go before a judge next week. How do I prove my case?

By presenting evidence of whatever you need to prove based on the laws of your unidentified state.