jaylady

early expungement

I was sentenced in 2009 on 5 felony charges and was placed on 5 years probation and I went under first offenders act I don't even have to report to PO or anything is there a way I could get this expunged early I am wanting to move up to a higher position at my job but with this being on my record I cant

What state is this concerning? Expungement is a legal process through which an arrest or conviction may be erased from a person's criminal record. You may want to visit the Criminal Law Center: Expungement and read Expungement Eligibility as a good resource to learn more about this subject matter. For further clarification, you may want to consult with a local Lawyer to address your specific situation.

well the good news is that u may have a shot at expungement, but that depends on the State u live in and the Law there with regard to being relieved of the Felony period or a certificate of good conduct may be ur only solution. The whole situation boils down to this, DISCRETION. Yes, its discretionary. I hope you have had a platinum report with the Probation Department and not have been re-arrested for anything. It's definitely a process, However, check for any Constitutional Law Centers in the State where you live.