makecontact2012

Ordering court/public records...

I'm dealing with a LONG stalking situation. My defendant is a regular in Fed District Court for restraining orders on grounds of stalking.

However, little legal advice is available to victims. I'm sure other people have taken this man to court for his stalking behaviors which include bothering some for 25+ years, 10 for me. However the two year window of time considered by the court gets many cases dismissed.

(Law is new & seems to have a lot of long-running problems with this man which get the case dismissed under current legal interpretation despite being able to show malicious intentions towards others as a rule.)

Is there a way a private citizen can order lawsuit info about prior complains against this man for stalking, even if he was found not-guilty? Is there a form number? Where do I file the request?

Unfortunately court help in my county is surly & rude so one must come in informed in order to not be turned away.

Should be easy enough to search court records under his name and pick out ones where he is a defendant.

You might be able to do it online at your local court's website and get the case numbers then go down to the court records office and view the files which are public record.

If you can't search online you'll have to go to the records office and search on their computer or microfilm records.

Once you find case numbers you should be able to request the case files at the records counter. Forms are probably right there for you to fill out.

Tell me what county, state and what court and I'll see if I can figure it out for you.