teacherintheroom

Purchase Post Foreclosure/Short Sale

2 yrs ago, deeded interest of home to wife (amicable divorce) filed in 1/11, final 7/11 - she was to refinance removing my name (she did not - no longer amicable)). She stayed in home - missed payments thru 10/12 - was in foreclosure but home went to short sale in 11/12. What date do I go from as far as qualifying for new home loan?

My credit is great other than her missing payments (whcih shows that I missed payments as well).

As a note for any future posts: normal sentence structure and punctuation would be helpful.

2 yrs ago, deeded interest of home to wife (amicable divorce) filed in 1/11, final 7/11 - she was to refinance removing my name (she did not - no longer amicable)).

I think what you're saying is that your divorce was filed in January 2011 and final in July 2011. In connection with the divorce, you deeded your interest in your home to your wife, and your divorce decree required that she refinance the mortgage in her own name. However, she has not yet done so. Correct?

While this is water under the bridge, it is generally far preferable to have any transfer of interest occur simultaneously with the refinance transaction. Transferring interest first leave the transferror with less leverage. The transferror remains obligated under the mortgage without any interest in the underlying property.

What date do I go from as far as qualifying for new home loan?

I don't understand the question. Can you clarify?

You qualify for a new home loan when any given lender says you do.

It has more to do with your credit score and overall creditworthiness and financial condition than any one item on your credit report.