bokayc

where do i stand?

Only in utah? its early in the morn and im just gettijng out to go to the store its kunda snowing and there snow on the ground now god bless the people that shovel their side walks but for the ones that dont well thats an entirely different mater so like i say im headed down to the corner store and im kinda running down the road like jogging really im in the road as i say and going against traffic so i can see if there any cars coming so if there is i can get the f out of the road okay so im going next thing i get pulled over by a cop that comes up behind me surprises me so any way she procedes to tell that its against ordianc or law what ever and shes kind egorant any way long story short i get a citation for not using the nside walk what can i do id really like to fight this cause i am aware of whats going on and what im doing now it seams to me that if ther was cars coming and i was disrupting traffic or if there was traffic at all and i was out in it okay yea id be stupid and deserve this tictet or run down down by car or what ever but thats not the case can you help me with youre opinion and what can i do to stand this thing to the ground, i know that i wasent in the road trying to get run over or whay ever like i say ther was no traffic coming my way i wasent in the middel of the inter section either who cares about whats coming behind me right? any way thanks and belive me if i can get out of this thing without paying anything i am.........

41-6a-1009. Use of roadway by pedestrians -- Prohibited activities.

(1) Where there is a sidewalk provided and its use is practicable, a pedestrian may not walk along or on an adjacent roadway.

(2) Where a sidewalk is not provided, a pedestrian walking along or on a highway shall walk only on the shoulder, as far as practicable from the edge of the roadway.

(3) Where a sidewalk or a shoulder is not available, a pedestrian walking along or on a highway shall:

(a) walk as near as practicable to the outside edge of the roadway; and

if on a two-way roadway, walk only on the left side of the roadway facing traffic.

There might also be a city/county ordinance on this, too. You didn’t indicate exactly what law the cop cited you for violating, so it’s hard to make specific comments on it. But unless the snow was extremely deep, I doubt the court will buy the argument that you could not use the sidewalk. Even if you have to walk through some snow, walking on the sidewalk is safer than walking/jogging on the roadway.