VACivilSuit

VA Guardianship Conservator Issue Motion to Intervene

My mother was declared incapacitated by my siblings who had themselves appointed as guardians/conservators. This was done while I was hospitalized. There is a review of their appointment coming up in March.

Do I have to file a Motion to Intervene to present any testimony or evidence at that hearing?

Do I have to file a Motion to Intervene to file anything with the court regarding this matter?

What is the format for a Motion to Intervene and where can I get it?

I am currently my mother's sole beneficiary and siblings are trying to invalidate the will as part of their conservatorship.

My mother was declared incapacitated by my siblings who had themselves appointed as guardians/conservators.

That your siblings declared her to be "incapacitated" is largely irrelevant. That the court appointed them as guardians/conservators means the court must have found that she was either incompetent or unable to care for herself in some way.

That you might be named as a beneficiary in your mother's will is meaningless as long as she is alive because any will is meaningless while the person who made it is alive. As a result, it is, as far as I know, impossible to seek a judicial determination regarding the validity of a will while the person who made it is still alive.

Your other questions involve specific procedural issues and aren't well-suited for an Internet message board. I strongly suggest you consult with a local attorney for advice.