badneck12

Bad Surgeons?

I had a neck injury a few years ago and I am finally going to have surgery. I live in CA. When I went to the hospital recently to get updated x-rays, an employee there told me that there is one surgeon that was banned from all hospitals in the area for years and just recently was reinstated at this hospital. This employee told me nothing more, except to make sure I don't use this particular surgeon. I also don't know how much choice I'll have in surgeons, since I'm on Medicaid. The employee also told me I could google it- to find out who it is...I've searched with not much luck. My Q: Is there a website with a list, or any way that I can find surgeons in my area that have had malpractice issues/ lawsuits etc?

Then you'll have to wait till you get a name and then check it against the Board's records and Medi-Cal's records:

http://files.medi-cal.ca.gov/pubsdoco/manual/man_query.asp?wSearch=%28%23filename+%2A%5F%2Az03%2A%2E%2A%29&wFLogo=Suspended+and+Ineligible+Provider+List&wFLogoH=32&wFLogoW=418&wAlt=Suspended+and+Ineligible+Provider+List&wPath=pubsdoco%2Fpublications%2Fmasters%2DMTP%2FzOnlineOnly%2Fsusp100%2D49%5Fz03%2F&prevP=

Or you might see if you can get a list of orthopedic surgeons at that hospital and then check all of them out.