SRFb72012

destroyed my family and career

I gave a work partner a ride home on the last day of our 2 days of work.I used a vehicle that Is not my normal work vehicle and is always garaged because it is customized, while the vehicle I normally use is a conversion van because I stay for long days and I have a bed in it. Then we went off 2 days. I came and worked 5 days (VAN) on and left 5 days off. On those five days off I went to detail my vehicle (Customized) and saw a back pack behind the passenger seat. I called my friend and text him about the back pack but he told me it wasnt his. I called my job and asked if anyone had lost a back pack and they told me a special agent had lost his bag. The bag matched the description of the one in my vehicle.My supervisor called me asking me about the bag and I told him to send the cops or for them to come and pick it up. He asked me if I could check the bag to see if it was the one they were looking for, I told him I would check it if he authorized and he said yes. I checked the front small pocket and told him there was a phone, papers and note book and it had the name of the person who it belonged, he asked me to check the big pocket and when I opened it I saw a government computer. I told him I wasnt going to check it anymore that they could send the police or come and get it. They never did and afte 4 more days and me calling them they told me to bring it back. Now they want to charge me of theft. The situation surronding this case is that I have been sending annonymous emails complaints reporting illegal activities and actions by members of the force and management. I have also exposed members of the leaderships with DUI, negligent driving arrests who still work for the government. These individuals have misused government credit cards, misused government property, were supervisors when mysteriously expensive government property got stolen. Thanks to these emails I have been sending they did a work climate survey and found there was a hostile work environment and all the claims I made were revealed by others. I believe the back pack was planted because like usual we would leave are vehicles with windows half down or open in front of our building in the summer ( when this theft happened). This facility is a level 5 federal instalation with card readers and cameras but there is no video and the special agent said the bag was stolen from inside the office which is next door to the offices of the individuals I have been complaining about.

I need help, I had to get a lawyer but if there is a lawyer out there that can give me advice please this situation has destroyed my family and career.

Now they want to charge me of theft.

What do you mean by that?

There's a big difference between wanting to charge you and actually charging you.

Have you been arrested, booked, arraigned, charged, brought in front of a judge, posted bail, any of that?

I had to get a lawyer but if there is a lawyer out there that can give me advice

I don't understand. Do you have a lawyer or do you need a lawyer? If you have a lawyer, rely on your lawyer and not strangers on the internet.

this situation has destroyed my family and career.

How?

If you do not have a lawyer, then you may wish to use the Lawyers Directory to locate a local lawyer to address your concerns. Many lawyers do offer a free consultation.

I have a lawyer, but it seems like he is just waiting to see if they charge us or not. The case is in the Federals prosecutor and Countys prosecutors office to see who wants to charge us. I entered this forum because maybe someone can come up with alternatives or just talk. These have been the worst 5 months of my life and family.

Please consult with your lawyer about these issues, or hire another lawyer who you trust. Legal advice on the Internet is, in fact, unreliable since the lawyers here rarely know all the facts necessary to render an informed opinion.