jschmidtka

Fired? Retaliation?

A girl at my work was beat up by her boyfriend twice and I was accused of bringing it to work and blamed at work for putting this guy in jail I was in my opinion harassed about it everyday I had nothing to do with any of it, my husband was involved because this girl had a phone in his name and the detective contacted him for phone records. I got tired of being accused of talking about it at work when I never did so I called the police to see if I could file harassment charges they told me there was nothing they could do because it was he said she said so I went to work the next day (Friday) and my boss took me into the office to talk to me about it and I told her I wasn't gonna just let people harass me like that (her being one of them,) so I went back to work thinking everything was normal two days later on a Sunday I got fired without reason, my boss had me work the weekend before she fired me so the store manager could have the weekend off is this considered a form of retaliation for filing harassment charges?

Forgot to mention the girl that got beat up came to my house crying to me and my husband that he beat her up and she went and told everybody at work about then turned around and blamed me for telling everyone, also when I mention my boss I mean the district manage. I've got proof I had nothing to do with it and proof I never once said anything about it at work

Your posts would be easier to read if you made an effort to use proper punctuation.

I was accused of bringing it to work and blamed at work for putting this guy in jail

Accused by whom? Blamed by whom? What does "bringing it to work" mean? What was your involvement in the boyfriend being imprisoned?

I was in my opinion harassed about it everyday

By whom?

my husband was involved because this girl had a phone in his name

Why?

is this considered a form of retaliation for filing harassment charges?

Apparently, that's what you consider it to be. However, as best as I can understand your post, nothing illegal occurred. Depending on how you answer my questions above, I might change my answer.

I was accused by the district manager. the DM said that I was talking about it at work, but I wasn't, the store manager and The girl it happened to were the ones talking about it all the time telling everyone what happened, but then turned around and blamed it on me saying I told everyone. The DM called me into her office everyday saying I better stop or I was going to lose my job and I simply explained to her over and over again that I had nothing to do with it. The DM even told me she knew I had nothing to do with it at one point. The girl that got beat up was harassing me daily telling me to f*ck off and I'm a b*tch because I put her boyfriend in jail, this even happened once in front of the DM and store manager which was the night I called the police for harrassment because the DM and store manager both denied hearing any of it when they were standing right there (this was Thursday night) friday morning I got called into the office once again, I was asked by the DM why I called the cops and I told her I refuse to allow someone to talk to me like that and get away with it, she told me i need to just let it go and she sent me back to work thinking all was ok, two days later on Sunday I finish my shift and got called into the office again and I was told that I wasn't working out anymore. As for the boyfriend going to jail I had nothing to do with it at all I didn't even know he went to jail until my husband called me and told me the boyfriend was picked up by the police, my husband got this information from the girl's mother who is the one that called the police in the first place. This girl had a phone in my husbands name because they knew each other before I even met my husband and he was helping her out because she was having trouble getting a phone in her name.