trappedonice

owi on utv

what are the DNR rights for pulling a person over on a utv? if they are in a pickup or standing beside it and you pass by about 40 ft away do they have the right to pull you over if there reason was they smelled alcohol? I don"t think that a human has that good of a nose

what are the DNR rights

What do you mean by DNR rights? I usually see DNR as an abbrievation for “do not resussitate,” a term often used in living wills, but I've not seen it in connection with DUI stops.

if they are in a pickup or standing beside it and you pass by about 40 ft away do they have the right to pull you over if there reason was they smelled alcohol? I don"t think that a human has that good of a nose

The exact facts and the applicable state law matter (and you didn’t mention the state). If by “they” you mean the police, all the police need to make a stop is reasonable suspicion that you have committed some offense. If the officer had some reason to believe that you may have been driving while intoxicated, like smelling alcohol coming from the vehicle, that’s all that’s needed to make the stop to investigate further. Whether the alcohol could be smelled 40 feet away (assuming you accurately judged the distance) would, of course, depend on how strong the smell was.