jhman2002

RV Purchase in AL - Accepted payment without giving me title

I was required to have a Co-Purchaser to buy the RV, they listed my mother as the Co-Purchaser but she doesn't want ownership so she didn't sign the purchase agreement or bill of sale but is listed on all paperwork. The dealership (*****) gave me possession of the RV and accepted the Check from my bank (loan). I wasn't notified until 5 months after the sale that the title still had not been submitted and my taxes were not paid on time.

So, I have a loan that requires my mom to be Co-Purchaser, she was listed on all of the dealership paperwork but did not sign any document from the dealership. I have a loan I'm required to keep paying even though I can't have the title put in my name since I don't have the signatures necessary. I have possession of the RV and wasn't notified that the paperwork is incomplete until 5 months later.

The dealership won't help me and the bank sent me all of the paperwork to complete:

- Bill of sale without all signatures

- Purchase agreement the dealership didn't sign

- Power of attorney I signed to enable them to submit paperwork on my behalf

- Sales tax check with incorrect amount

I've paid $3000ish in interest and I owe fines for not submitting legal paperwork.

Is this a strong enough case for a lawsuit? I don't want anything more than to return the RV and cancel the loan. I would sign all proceeds to a lawyer to take care of this for me, I just need help.

Edited by FindLaw_AHK
This post has been edited to remove personal or identifying information. -Moderator

This issue is very difficult to address without having the detailed facts. I suggest you consult with a local Alabama Lawyer to look over all your documents to advise you of your options regarding this RV purchase.

Is this a strong enough case for a lawsuit?

Yes.

It's possibly a strong case for a lawsuit against you.

You signed a contract agreeing to do something in exchange for something. That's binding.

What is possibly going to happen at some point is that the RV will be repossessed, then sold for a lot less than you owe on it, then you will be sued for the balance, lose, and suffer the financial consequences of losing a lawsuit.

I would sign all proceeds to a lawyer to take care of this for me, I just need help.

Feel free to consult an attorney but don't expect one to work for free. You'll have to pay a retainer up front based on hourly fees.