luc00031979

forgery

Back in september my boyfriend gave me a check to cash from his boss. which i always cashed them before. we had a joint account and he would sign his name than i would sign my name. well he asked me to go put this check in our account when i went to the bank the systems were down and it was a small town so they knew me and his boss so they said we cant put it in the account if u need to use ur debit card today cause it wont post today so i just asked for cash since i knew we were going out of town cause my boyfriend needed work boots. so i got the cash went and picked him up and all was fine. well a couple weeks later i was unhappy so i moved out. and he had my 10,000 dollar camper and i wanted it cause its mine and title is in my name well than all of a sudden him and his boss said i stole that check. well his boss admits to signin it but dont admitt to writing the otheer info on it. and now i have a warrent for a cllass c feloney which i intend to turn myself in. but this whole time since sept. nothing was said. what do i do

Please hire a qualified criminal defense lawyer immediately. Also note that everything you say can be used against you, except private matters discussed with your lawyer. Your posts on legal forums, like this one, can be used against you. Facebook posts can be also. The same is true with text messages and emails. Contact a lawyer. Remain silent. Good luck.

I agree with the previous poster, you may want to consult with a local criminal defense to advise you of your rights. For less than $13 month, Legal Street allows you to have access to experienced local attorneys to address your legal questions year-round and and also get discounted legal representation if you need.

What you do is talk with the public defender's office if you cannot afford an attorney.

The camper issue is likely irrelevant. It's unclear how you've been prevented from taking possession of it, but if he's hidden it somewhere, I'd feel free to file a return of personal property action against him because I don't see the police pursuing a stolen property complaint against him under the circumstances.

In a perfect world, a prosecutor would have an informal chat with an attorney and agree to drop the charges, but you can't hold your breath on something like that.

I don't think any some prepaid legal plan subscription would be a savior here. (Is that some new product this site is advertising? Even so, I don't know that it's a great idea to mention such a thing in a response.)