Frustratedbyallmeans

Petition to Modify Child Support

My husbands ex-wife has filed a motion/petition to modify child support and we just found out she is currently with child with her new husband. Is this something that a lawyer should know about or is it completly irrelavant?

Unless you have some reason to think that her child’s father is your husband, it likely won’t matter at all in calculating the support amount your husband is obligated to pay. He is only obligated to pay support for his kids. That said, your husband should give this fact to his lawyer. As an attorney myself, I’d rather my client give me a fact that I cannot use than not tell me something that might turn out to be important. Since I don’t know all the history to your husband’s case and don’t know all the facts involved, I can’t say for sure that the ex’s pregnancy wouldn’t somehow be useful.