Natalease

Child Support and DNA

Hello , there is a chance my ex husband isn't the father of our 6 year old son !! I have asked him from day one to go about getting the D>N>A test done and he refused stating he didn't care that he would father our child anyway . Now it is bothering him and he is mistreating our child and has stopped paying child support for both children . He is legally still the childs father paternity has not been proved . What do I do ? :( We also have an 11 year old and there is no doubt about her paternity .... I don't know what to do but I seriously can't handle him bad mouthing my baby !!

Edited by FindLaw_AHK
This post has been edited to remove style elements that were causing it to display improperly. -Moderator

Hello , there is a chance my ex husband isn't the father of our 6 year old son !! I have asked him from day one to go about getting the D>N>A test done and he refused stating he didn't care that he would father our child anyway .

The only way this would be possible is if you were having sex with multiple men around the time of your child's conception. Is there any particular reason why you did not get a DNA test done? Getting a DNA sample from your husband shouldn't have been difficult.

he is mistreating our child and has stopped paying child support for both children .

Your recourse for failure to pay child support is to seek to enforce the support order. Whether there is any recourse for the alleged "mistreatment" depends on exactly what he's doing.

This is a very unfortunate reality for many women across the nation. Ur husband seems to be caught in a Catch-22 of sorts. How is it that ur prego by ur hubby and in the next breath say get a DNA test. dnt believe that went as so, but who am i to judge? and I am not. I am making an observation.Come on girlfriend get it together. I mean him being mean so u say is just misguided and misdirected angry that should be aimed at u. No, i am not condoning any facet of Domestic Violence, but u nd to go grab some Clinical Psycology sessions. Still, great luck to u and ur family