bpunathil

Internet Defamation

Dear friends,

In a website which is used for reporting unwanted calls, someone has put my name, company name, fb and linkedin links with negative remarks. This shows up on google search and badly affects my repuation among my friends, employers and future prospective employers.

I have tried to contact the website owner, the hosting company and no result. How do I get it removed. How can I file suite. I am based in toronto.

The server is based in new jersey

Please help

thanks

Biju

You don't say how you know that it "badly affects [your] reputation" or how the "negative remarks" are defamatory. At any rate, that's neither here nor there.

You're essentially asking folks to walk you through a lawsuit, and that's not the purpose of the message boards (it's essentially for general info and feedback).

I presume you mean by "server is based in new jersey" that you're saying the site operates out of NJ. If it operates in Canda, however, no reason to believe you cannot seek remedy via Canadian court.

Please seek local (personal injury) counsel.

Hi fallen,

Someone has posted that I called them and talk dirty over the phone. However there is no name of the person who posted this instead it has that particular website user for all posts and its same person posting it on different dates

Ad they have put the liks of my fb, LinkedIn and my company name etc

This will affect me badly since whoever search my first and second name n google will see this. It could be my potential employer, my friends, relatives etc. It affects my image and any company seeking to recruit me will think that I am a bad person and loses that opportunity

The website is hosted in NJ and I am based in Toronto

Moreover the website has no option to report abuse and I tried 15 times to contact the website administrator and all these emails got bounced. I found out the web hosting company through whoisname.com and that's how I found out the server

Please help me

Thanks

How can I file suite.

As far as I could tell, this was the only question in your original post. The way that you file suit (not "suite") is by filing a complaint with the appropriate court. It's possible that you could properly do this in Toronto, but I don't know Canadian law on personal jurisdiction. Certainly, you could properly do this in NJ. Feel free to consult with a lawyer in either location to discuss this. If there were other questions you had, feel free to ask them. Hint: using question marks at the end of questions will make it easier for us to spot your question.

Sounds like you have a lot of questions on this topic. You may want to consider signing up for LegalStreet to gain access to local experienced lawyers to address your legal issue for less than $13 per month.