Goosem

Want money back on a junk car GA

Dear all,

I bought a used car from a car broker in GA in September 2012. I paid in full with cash.($6000,This is foolish). Fortunately this car can not pass the Emission test which is required in our county, so I could not register the car under my name. I have asked the broker either to fix the car in order to pass the Emission or money back, but the broker keep giving me loaner junk car to drive.

Last week the broker offered me another car push me to register it, but I found this one is from auto auction and it has serious transmission's problem, and it certainly can not pass the Emission, but this car has passed Emission in April 2012. Again I asked the broker either to fix the car in order to pass the Emission or money back, but the broker promised (orally) to fix it and give me another loaner car to drive.

Now five months have passed my neighbour always see me drive different junk cars with temporary tag on car tail.

Is the broker violate the law? What should I do? sue the broker in small claims court? or criminal court?

Thank you in advance!

Unclear what importance you're placing on registering the car in your name. Bottom line is that unless you ensured a purchase contract conditioned the sale on you being able to register it in your name, you bought this car. You do not say what kind of warranty came with purchase, if any, or whether (more likely) you bought as-is. What your recourse is depends on terms of contract.

You haven't said anything to indicate there's any criminal conduct involved here. As for what you should do, that depends on the terms of your contract. We cannot know from here if you bought as is; if so, the seller has a defense if you sue it in small claims. (Lucky for you, the GA small claims limit is quite a lot higher than most, so suing for a partial refund would be well within its limits. Even if your contract wasn't as-is, note that owning and driving it for so long means you wouldn't be in a position to expect all your money back. I'm a bit confused how it is that you keep driving on temporary tags, unless you're saying that the seller keeps issuing you new ones.)

I am a foreigner, when arrived Ga, USA, I found that broker on line. He give me the car and I paid the money, he promised me to give me title and tag within one week. I realized later it was the Georgia's Clean Air Force (http://www.cleanairforce.com/) who protected me from buying the junk car, which could not pass the Emission. If the broker had given me the title and tag I would have to pay thousands of dollars to repair this car in order to register it the following year. I had to return the car to him because I can feel engin problem and the tag expired.

Last week he gave me was the forth car. Now I am driving is the fifth one. All the cars he gave me have serious problem (transmission or engin) which certainly can not pass Emission. Some of them the check engin light on dash board was blocked on purpose.

The broker must have known the Emission law of GA, as he told me that he was doing car business in GA for 12 years. Why did he keep giving me cars without Emission? Is he violate the law at this point? If yes I can push him to finish our business.

As I told the broker last year, if only you gave the car which can pass the Emission, just as Georgia Clean air Force encourage car buyer to do, our business is over. I am tired.

Thank you again to read my post.