getripped930

wage deductions

M employer is deducting from his employees with out writtin consent. I am a hairstylist and my boss charges me what he calls a customer service fee a $!.50 per client I do he saids its for salon products I use I work alone so I dont use much can he do this? I have never seen a reciept for any thing he has bought with the money he takes from me and I dont get suplies every month

If you're an employee, this is not legal. If you're an independent contractor (as is often the case with hair stylists), then it depends on the terms of your contract.

I am an employee there is no contract

That there is no written contract doesn't mean there's no contract. Nor is the existence or non-existence of a written contract dispositive of the employee versus independent contractor relationship. You might google "employee independent contractor factors" to see what's relevant. If you still conclude that you're an employee, then your question has been answered. And, if you are an independent contractor and you have never agreed to this deduction, then you have a claim for the amounts deducted.