deedee_1001

States Lemon Law

I have a question. I bought a 2013 car just a month ago. I have had it in the shop three times. It can not be fixed according to the dealership. I am told under the States Lemon Law the manufacture has to give me a car and pay the note on the car. Is this correct?

Not the pay the note part.

Look at it this way. If you'd paid cash for the car and the manufacturer replaced it you wouldn't get a car and a refund.

You'd just get a replacement car.

You still would have had ot pay for it.

What you are entitled to receive depends on the laws of the state in which you bought the car, and you did not say in what state that is. However, in no state is the dealer required to pay off the loan. You'd basically refinance to put the loan on the replacement car the dealer gives you.