enidwrangler

Sold a car and it broke down 9months later

I sold a car to someone and infromed him that i hadnt had the car for four years and that my sister drove it for the last three years. I told him that i didnt know of any problems but i was sure it had some. Its been nine months since and it broke down last week. He now wants me to pay him back for the car. Am I responsible for this?

No.

I hope you wrote up a bill of sale saying AS IS. But even if you didn't the sale of a used vehicle between private parties is presumed to be AS IS.

I suggest that you tell the buyer that he bought the car AS IS with no warranties or guarantees. Say only that, say it once, and then shut up and never speak to him again.

You have the right to remain silent, now exercise the ability to do so. It's the talking that gets you in trouble.