Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
truckster88

liablity Officers and suspect????

7 posts in this topic

was in accident with minor. found out minor was leaving house party. had been drinking at party. admitted drinking to officer. officer give citation, release to parent, no field soberity test.(ticket said failure to yield right of way(ran stop sign), minor consuming alcoholic beverage.) surgery on shoulder back surgery possible. was officer doing their duty or what?

was officer doing their duty or what?

Of course.

Why would you think otherwise?

The minor was at fault.

That's all you need to know to make a claim against the insurance that covers the car he was driving.

no i was not cited but the officer did not give sobriety test and released minor to mother. minor admitted was drinking just left house party. also had liquor in car.

The only concrete thing you've given us is that the officer did not do a field sobriety test.. Whether to do one or not was entirely within the officer's discretion. If you intended more to your question, please clarify.

no i was not cited but the officer did not give sobriety test and released minor to mother. minor admitted was drinking just left house party. also had liquor in car.

As I noted earlier, what the officer did or did not do has nothing to do with your claim against the driver for compensation.

Have you had any discussions with the driver's insurance company yet?