biz_ownerky

Issue with Customer

I have a small embroidery business. I had a customer place a bulk order. We completed and delivered half of the order. The other half was going to be 1 week later than our estimated delivery due to our equipment being down. I agreed to the refund but I have asked that the customer to pay retail price for the completed items since it was no longer a bulk order. They refused and threatened a lawsuit. Am I wrong? Should I give the refund?

No way of knowing without reading your contract with the customer and knowing what state you're in. Absent some unusual circumstance, being only a week late wouldn't be grounds to terminate or rescind this sort of contract.

Yeah, you're wrong.

Your customer shouldn't have to pay for your screw-up.