D_Lane

Cell Phone Monitoring

I live in Kentucky. I was recently issued a company cell phone, and recently I was told to install and accept two seperate cell phone monitoring apps. One being Find Friends and the other Life360. This has caused an uproar across all locations as this monitoring is not monitoring your calls or emails or texts. It monitors your location down to 50 feet. I have found that I have been monitored at night and on weekends. My position as a sales rep does not require me being on call, nor do I work on weekends. I was told that if I got caught somewhere where I shouldn't be it is seriously frowned upon. I cannot find any cases or answers about this because this is such a new arena with technolgy. I feel very violated having to worry about what I'm doing on my free time. Can you please advise?

That was my first thought. I said that to the GM, and he said that if I got caught leaving it at work or at home than I would get in trouble, and to what degree I don't know.

How important is your job to you?

If very important and you can't afford to lose it, then you do what the boss tell you to.

If it's not that important, then look for another job, then quit.

Or document what's going on and refuse to go along with it. If you get fired, you go on unemployment.

It's very simple. You're the one who decides whether to bow and scrape for the corpies or stand up to them.