AntoniaJean

Dad is allowing girlfriend to drive children without driver's license

My ex and I are presently in court re: child custody and visitation. He is presently on restricted visitation. Now I have just found out that dad bought his live-in-girlfriend a car several months ago, although she does not have a driver's license and that she has been driving our children around. I do know for a fact that she is not legal to the states and dad is refusing to stop his girlfriend from driving the kids. In fact, he is mad at daughter because he told her she should have kept this to herself, meaning that she was driven. I consider this an extremely important issue and feel it is important to go back to court on a hearing for order. Am wondering though how the courts may view this. Any feedback would be helpful.

The girlfriend's immigration status is irrelevant in this matter. However, it's reasonable to request the court to order that anyone who transports the children by car must have a valid driver's license.

My concern wasn't about her immigration status. I have been aware of this and it's not a part of our problem. It's the point that I know that a license has never been issued due to this reason per my conversation with ex.

If you feel this endangers the children, then feel free to request the court to address your concerns. Would be in the discretion of the court to determine if changes to such arrangements would be made.

If you have evidence that the father is allowing an unlicensed driver to transport your child, I would think most judges would have no problem issuing an order that expressly prohibits that. Consult local counsel.