tlperf

no new lease

what happens when you have no lease, it is the 9th of the month and he is now comeing to you with a month to month lease the day after you told him you were moving by the 18th of the month. I have a 200. deposit and for the 18 days at 625. i owe him 380. but don't have it. He threated to call my new landlord

what happens when you have no lease, it is the 9th of the month and he is now comeing to you with a month to month lease the day after you told him you were moving by the 18th of the month.

I don't understand the question. Potentially, hundreds or thousands of things might happen under those circumstances. Can you clarify your question?

If your rent was due on the first of the month you had to pay it for the whole month. Most states do not permit pro-rating and most states require you to give one month written notice of termination and most states do not permit applying the security deposit to last month's rent.

There is also nothing illegal about the LL threatening to call your new LL and nothing illegal about him actually calling your new LL as long as what he tells your new LL the truth about what's happening (that you have defaulted on the current month's rent).

Seems like you are well on your way to being on the receiving end of a lawsuit at some point in the future if you don't pay your rent for the month.