deblee

injured passenger in an uninsured car accident not involving another car

Myself, my 20yr old daughter, my nephew and one of their friends were passengers in a car accident 12/17/2012 resulting in us being hospitalized, my daughter was released the next day with a broken nose, I stayed for another 3 days with a broken ankle, bruised lungs with the concern of some blood in them and stiches on my face.My nephew wasn't injured and their friend fractured her back. I was the only one with no medical insurance and have been off work since. My daughters ex boyfriend was the driver and he fled the scene after he drove us at top speeds down a dead end street into golden gate park flying in the air and then rolling multible times.He did this on purpose but here is where it gets tricky, he had just purchased the suv, and to the best of my knowledge he has no insurance. He also isn't a US citizen. I was wondering what kind of legal rights I have. Thank you

Like every other person, you have dozens of legal rights, and it would serve no useful purpose to try and list them all.

While it isn't particularly clear what you want to know, I should hope it would go without saying that getting into a car with an apparently uninsured driver when you have no medical insurance of your own isn't a particularly smart thing to do.

If you want to clarify your question(s), I'll be happy to respond further.

If you have your own car insurance with Uninsured Motorists coverage you might be able to make a claim with your own insurance company.

If your daughter lives with you she might be defined as "an insured" under your policy or actually listed by name, and also have coverage.

Check your policy.

Consult an attorney if you don't understand it.