Myworld2013

Immigration Assistance

I came to the USA on a B2 visa which will expire this year. I got married to US citizen but the marriage did not last because i realised that she was still married to her ex-husband. Now my authorised stay in the country has expired. I can't return to my home country because i have lost my job for exceeding my leave arrears whiles here. What should I do?

Thank you.

Find a competent immigration attorney to advise you. If your status has expired, then you must leave the U.S. unless you can procure an additional visa or you are entitled to a status that allows you to remain in the U.S. The longer you remain in the U.S. out of status, the more likely you are to be jeopardizing your future chances for other immigration benefits.

If your facts are correct, then your ex-wife has committed bigamy, which is a violation. It's not clear whether you pursued adjustment to LPR based on the marriage. There are many questions from your post that would need to be asked. A good lawyer can certainly do that.

I agree with the previous poster, this is a matter you may want to consult with a local Immigration Lawyer ASAP to address your immigration status in a timely manner and advise you of your options.