marie41

I HAVE A QUESTION?

I HAVE A QUESTION?MY CHILDS FATHER OWES 9000 in child support and only paying 5.00 every other month. he is married and live out of state working and the case worker is allowing this payment. What should I do. should i request another worker or what? In louisiana as long as you pay any amount your arrears wont go up, which sucks if you only paying 5.00. Help! I need advice ASAP!!

It is unlikely that anyone with familiarity with the public child support enforcement authority in Louisiana will hapen to read this post. Obviously, you're free to request a different case worker. However, when you rely on the state to collect money for you, you can't expect anything close to the best service possible. Your best bet would be to retain an attorney in the area where your child's father lives to enforce the support order by garnishing his wages and/or levying on assets.