Grandcircuspark

Speeding and Land Use Question

I was ticketed for going 46 in a 25 in July, but denied responsibility for the ticket on the grounds that the speed limit was not set in accordance with its authorizing legislation, the Michigan Vehicle Code. The prosecutor has argued that I violated MCL 257.627(2)©, which states that the speed limit shall be 25 mph on a higway or part of highway within the boundaries of land platted under the Land Division Act of 1967. As far as I can tell, the area where I was stopped was platted in 1915; how can I determine whether the area in question is subject to the Land Division Act of 1967, and by extension whether it is worth continuing to pursue my case?

Thanks,

Grandcircuspark

how can I determine whether the area in question is subject to the Land Division Act of 1967

Presumably, by checking land records.

I agree with the previous poster, checking the land records of the area would be a good start.

Best of luck.