DannyG85

Arbitration Award Disbursement

My arbitation award was filed on Nov 2. It is now two months later and my attorney continues to not disburse the money. All liens have been worked out. Check has been in her trust account as per an email from her, she sent me two disbursement sheets with different amounts? Of course the last one more in her favor.

What recourse do I have against them to compel them to pay? I have emailed and emailed and begged and nothing. She keeps saying out of the office when I return to office will take care etc. What is a resonable amount of time to have to wait for my money? This money was to take care of of injuries and I cannot causing me more pain and suffering.

I am afraid to contact the State Bar for fear they will retaliate against me for filing a complaint. I am at my wits end. Please advise.

she sent me two disbursement sheets with different amounts?

Despite your use of a question mark, this sentence isn't a question. If it was intended to be a question, it's not clear what you were trying to ask.

What recourse do I have against them to compel them to pay?

Who are "them"? Your attorney and who else? Obviously, you can make a complaint with the state bar and file a lawsuit against your attorney.

I have emailed and emailed and begged and nothing.

Do you have a telephone? Have you called her to discuss this? If not, why not? If so, what did she tell you?

What is a resonable amount of time to have to wait for my money?

Depends on all the relevant facts and circumstances. You said that the arbitration award was filed on November 2, but you didn't say when your attorney received the money. She certainly would not have received it immediately upon the filing of the arbitration award. Generally, however, assuming there are no lien issues, it shouldn't take more than 3-4 weeks.

I am afraid to contact the State Bar for fear they will retaliate against me for filing a complaint.

Who are "they"? Regardless, this is likely an irrational and unfounded fear.