Association2012

Dissolving an Association

4 posts in this topic

My community is a Lake Association and many of us are trying to gather information on what are the positives and negatives associated with dissolving the Association and having the Town take over the streets, draininage, etc.. We are also interested in obtaing legal services for this advice but we do not know what type of an Attorney would handle this issue.

You didn't ask a question, so I'm not sure what the purpose of your post is. Also, the term "lake association" has no particular legal meaning. Perhaps it has a particular meaning under the laws of your state, but you didn't identify your state.

My community is a Lake Association and many of us are trying to gather information on what are the positives and negatives associated with dissolving the Association and having the Town take over the streets, draininage, etc..

The biggest issue is whether or not the town would be willing to take over those duties. If it isn't, then you are done before you start. Have you even asked the town yet, to see which way the wind is blowing?

By the way, if you think the idea will save the homeowners money, it probably won't. If the town does take over those duties, plan on replacing your association dues and assessments with an equivalent amount in local ltaxes.

We are also interested in obtaing legal services for this advice but we do not know what type of an Attorney would handle this issue.

Google homeowner association attorney for your city. You'll find plenty.