lawnguy79

florida pot laws

aggresive cops came to my house asking some questions. said if i didnt let them in theyd take me to jail so i let them in my house and gave them the pot and pipe from my dresser in my bedroom.

i went before the judge for a poss. charge for marijuana. (4.5 grams) and paraphernalia. the prosecutor wants to take my DL for two years. whats that all about? i wasn't driving. and i wasnt smoking. i have a prior pot charge from 2003 and they said that if you get two drug charges in 10 years they take your license. what does any of this have to do with driving? i won my own buisiness, this will destroy me. ANY advice/ input would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

322.055 Revocation or suspension of, or delay of eligibility for, driver’s license for persons 18 years of age or older convicted of certain drug offenses.—

(1) Notwithstanding the provisions of s. 322.28, upon the conviction of a person 18 years of age or older for possession or sale of, trafficking in, or conspiracy to possess, sell, or traffic in a controlled substance, the court shall direct the department to revoke the driver’s license or driving privilege of the person. The period of such revocation shall be 2 years or until the person is evaluated for and, if deemed necessary by the evaluating agency, completes a drug treatment and rehabilitation program approved or regulated by the Department of Children and Family Services. However, the court may, in its sound discretion, direct the department to issue a license for driving privileges restricted to business or employment purposes only, as defined by s. 322.271, if the person is otherwise qualified for such a license. A driver whose license or driving privilege has been suspended or revoked under this section or s. 322.056 may, upon the expiration of 6 months, petition the department for restoration of the driving privilege on a restricted or unrestricted basis depending on length of suspension or revocation. In no case shall a restricted license be available until 6 months of the suspension or revocation period has expired.

Excellent reference to the Florida statute regarding this subject matter LegalwriterOne.