torino428cj

Autism and family court guidelines

I live in Illinois my wife left me and her 15 month old son Atticus two years ago this month.Since then I discovered our son had Autism.Are there any family court guide-lines for children and visitation and how this affects a child of 3 years.I have a lawyer but I feel like we are falling in a crack when I'm in the court-house.She's been around our child 4 times in 2 years cause she moved to another state has not paid one dime in support and our son don't really know her anymore.What should I do?The last time he was there for 7 days he came home very disturbed throwing toys hitting himself in the head.I have learned alot about Autism in the last year why dont the courts know how to handle this matter.

I'm not really sure what your question is. Can you clarify what you want to know and why you think folks on a message board can better address your question than your lawyer?

Do any stated has any type of guidelines to go by for children with Autism, since change as in visitation could make his condition worse.I know Judges are not doctors but they need to know to be able to help for the best outcome for any child with Autism.I feel like there just acting like this is just a typical case with a normal child.