tjones40

past due medical from ex on child

I recently went to court to get medical expenses reimbursed from my ex. The judge ordered in my favor but wanted to look over my paid bills to make sure the amount i was asking for was correct. that was nov. 28th. i still am waiting for his answer. how long does the judge have to make his decision?

I would hope it goes without saying that, if there is any deadline for a judge to make a decision on a submitted matter, what the deadline is depends on the laws of the state where the case is filed, which you didn't identify in your post.

Did you go to small claims court or divorce court? I have the same issue. Xhusband wont pay his half of the medical bills for both of our children, and they have gone to collections in my name, because I have all the insurance for the kids. I had to already pay one of his bill what went to collections in his name..and two more are on their way in collections...

Putting aside the fact that posting in a microscopic font size is not terribly conducive to getting responses, as I said in my prior response, all of this stuff is governed by state law. Unless you identify your state, there is very little we can tell you. That said, these things are almost always propertly handled through the divorce/family court, and bringing a separate, civil action is improper.